- 350g Basmati Rice70g-90g per person
- 1 tsp Coconut OilCooked or frozen
- 200g Prawns
- 1 x 165ml Coconut Milk
- large thumb size Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemongrass
- 2-3 tsp red or green Thai Curry Paste
- 2 Red Pepper
- 2 Lime
- 50g Coriander
- 2 Carrot
Thai Prawn Curry
Only got 30 minutes to cook and eat your dinner? My In A Hurry Thai Prawn Curry is perfect for those situations.
With 2 of your 5 a day and infused with beautiful Thai flavours, you won’t think about defaulting to another Thai ready meal again!
Top 3 Prawn Facts
1. Put the kettle on and boil about 600ml of water for the rice. Then, peel and chop the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, slice the peppers, zest of both limes and grate the carrot using the larger size blades (or you can slice the carrot).
2. Add the water, ginger, lime zest, seasoning and rice in a large saucepan over a medium heat with a lid on (speeds up the cookings and saves energy) for 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat and leave with the lid on for another 10 minutes so it cooks in its own steam. Don't wash the rice as it will remove all the infused flavours!
Wok It Baby!
1. Add the coconut oil to a large wok or frying pan on a medium heat and cook the prawns and peppers for 4 minutes, until slightly soft. Then throw in the carrot, garlic, lemongrass, Thai curry paste and cook for another minute before adding the coconut milk, seasoning and lime juice.
2. Cook on a high heat until the prawns are pink on the outside and you are happy with the flavour of the curry.
3. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve with the curry and garnish of coriander.
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!