2kg [Cut into flat strips] Sweet PotatoYou can also cut them into chunks if that is easier; you decide.
120g [Crumbled] Feta Cheese
3 large [Chopped] Spring Onion
1 [finely chopped] Red Chilli
6 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
3 tbsp [extra virgin] Olive Oil
2 tbsp [clear] Honey
Sweet Potato Feta Salad
Scrap the mayonnaise-heavy potato salad for my sweet potato feta salad.
It’s quick and healthy, only containing sweet potato, spring onion, feta with a refreshing and light dressing.
Top Tip: Get a good knife sharper as it will make your life so much easier and quicker in the kitchen.
This is the Electric Sharpener I use and it’s still going strong after 3 years, I couldn’t recommend it enough.
This is ideal for work lunches and suitable for vegetarians and vegans (just don’t add the cheese and use syrup instead of honey).
Top 3 sweet potato tips
- Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard centre and off-like taste. Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well-ventilated container.
- They are a rich source of fibre as well as iron, calcium, B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colours, such as white, red, pink, violet, yellow, and purple.
Leave a comment below as I would love to hear what you think of my recipe.
1. On a medium heat, add a glug of olive oil and lay the sliced sweet potato pieces on your griddle pan with a pinch of seasoning. Cook until soft (the thinner the slices, the quicker they will cook). Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients + seasoning. Pile the potato (hot or cold) onto a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing. Crumble over the feta and finish with more crushed black pepper.
BIFF, BOSH, SUMMER NOSH.