2 slices ToastSeeded sourbread is my favourite
1 ripe AvocadoTIP - Save the other half - the half with the stone in, wrapped it in tin foil then put in the fridge for up to 2 days
1/2 juice of Lime
1/2 sliced Chilli
Sprinkle of Coriander
25g Feta Cheese
Smashed Avocado Toast
Smashed Avocado Toast … What is there not to love?
The first time I discovered this tasty treat was in a place called Noosa, Australia.
I had just come out the water after having an awesome surf and felt I needed something substantial for a late morning snack.
I went to a small and open-plan cafe called Hastings Boutique Motel & Cafe where I discovered the incredible combination of creamy avocado, salty feta, sour lime and spicy chilly all in one mouthful.
Enjoy what I discovered with this simple recipe below. Fancy trying something different with your avocado?
3 Top Avocado Facts
- There are 10g of fibre in one medium-sized avocado.
- Avocados are ripe when they feel heavy for their size, yield to light pressure and are dark in color. But don’t squeeze these delicate babies too hard.
- They’re a good snack to feed to babies young and old.
1. Toast your slices of desired bread... Yup, that is the first step.
2. Meanwhile, add the avocado in a bowl and add the chilli, lime juice and seasoning.
3. Mash with a fork to the desired consistency. I like mine chunky but if you want it smooth, keep mashing.
4. And then spread it over the toasts with a topping of feta cheese, coriander, extra chilli and black pepper.
A poached egg also goes really well with this recipe if you want to really push the boat out.