- 100g Oats
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tsp [optional] Honey
- 1 tsp [flakes] Chilli
- 1 tsp Coconut OilClick to buy
- 1 large [smashed] Avocado
- 6 [chopped] Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 [finely chopped] Red Onion
- 1 tbsp [chopped stalks] Coriander
- 1 [juice and zest] Lime
- 2 large poached Eggs
Smashed Avocado Oatmeal Fritters
If you are looking for a new Sunday brunch meal, my Smashed Avocado Oatmeal Fritters are the brunch boss.
Smashed avocado, paprika oatmeal fritters and a poached egg; made 15 minutes and enjoyed in seconds!
Furthermore, if you are missing the meat, you can add crispy bacon or fried chorizo.
I prefer to cook my fritters in coconut oil because it creates a clean and sweet taste.
Butter is also a tasty alternative, although I recommend trying it with coconut oil first and seeing which one you prefer.
Breakfast fritters are a blank canvas that can be topped with a variety of different flavours to your liking, here are my favourites.
Top 5 Savoury Fritters
- Corn fritters with a homemade Mexican salad
- Courgette fritters with smoked salmon and poached eggs
- Carrot, ginger, coriander and goat’s curd fritters
- Bacon and beans fritters with parmesan
- Haloumi, oat and courgette fritters with crispy chorizo
Leave a comment on your favourite flavour.
1. Add the oats, egg, lime zest, water, seasoning (optional honey) and paprika in a bowl and combine well. The consistency should be stodgy and hold its shape, if not, add more oats.
2. Roughly crush the avocado in a mixing bowl followed by chopped cherry tomatoes, finely chopped onions, coriander and lime juice.
3. Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don't add any salt as this may break up the egg white.
4. Add the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, wait until hot and then add your mixture creating 4/6 oat fritters, cooking 4 minutes eat side or until crispy golden brown.
5. Crack your egg into a small bowl or ramekin, this makes it easier to slide into the simmering pan. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool to help the egg white wrap around the yolk and slide in your eggs.
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the white is set and place on paper towels or make sure it's drained well. Stack up your fritters, smashed avocado and top with the poached egg.
BIFF, BOSH, AVO GOOD NOSH!