1kg Beef BrisketNo bone weight
200g Jack Daniel SauceGet creative and use an sweet and smokey sauce that takes your fancy.
2 tbsp [paste] Gingeror fresh ginger
1 large Red Onion
8 Flat Bread
2 large Avocado
Optional Red Chilli PowderI like to use scotch bonnet chillies
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket
May 28 is National Brisket Day… Let’s celebrate it with a slow cooked beef brisket joint!
For the Slow Cooked Beef Brisket, I recommend using a slow cooker so you can put it on in the morning before work and it will be waiting there for you on your arrival!
This is the one I use at home and it’s great value for money.
Picture it now; you walk into your house with the superb smell of slow cooked beef, ready for your enjoyment.
I have used a ready-made Jack Daniels sauce in this recipe to keep the number of ingredients down for you.
If you want to try another sauce… GO FOR IT! Get creative and make this your recipe.
Try my Beef Brisket Chilli recipe too.
Top 3 Beef Brisket Facts
- Did you know that the brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef?
- Brisket is the muscle that supports about 60% of the body weight of standing/moving cattle, which is why it needs to be cooked slowly to tenderise it.
- Untrimmed Beef Brisket is still one of the least expensive cuts of beef you can buy. Cooking correctly it can be one of the tastiest cuts of beef you can buy.
1. Place the beef brisket with lots seasoning, 150g BBQ sauce, chilli powder and enough water so it covers the bottom of the slow cooker by 2-3cm (500ml).
2. Turn on a low heat, place the lid on and head off to work for 9-10hrs.
1. When you get in from work, remove the beef from the slow cooker and pull apart into chunks.
2. Put the beef chunks back in the sauce on a high heat while you get your flatbread warmed in the oven and slice your avocado.
3. Once you are ready to eat, add the beef and onion pieces to the warm flat bread and top with avocado.
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!