- 400g [1 tin] Black Beans
- 400g [1 tin] Chickpeas
- 30g [chopped] Coriander
- 1 red [finely chopped] Chilli
- 1 large [finely chopped] Red Onion
- 1 [finely chopped] Peppers
- 5 [quartered] Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 large [quartered] Cucumber
Cumin & Lime Dressing
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 large [juiced] Limelemon also works
- 1 clove [minced] Garlic
- 1 tsp HoneyVegan - Nectar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
Quick Mexican Bean Salad
My healthy and quick Mexican Bean Salad is packed full of colourful vegetables, protein-rich beans, and refreshing flavour. This is the ideal summer vibe salad to enjoy as a BBQ side dish or as part of the main event by packing it in a tortilla.
I got this idea from the BBC Good Food egg and bean recipe.
You can add ANY veggies you like and top it with the refreshing cumin and lime dressing. If you don’t like coriander, simply replace it with parsley.
You can easily make this salad the night before as your taste buds will experience greater flavour. It can last 3-4 days in the fridge and this recipe is excellent for work lunches and sunny brunches.
Leave a review below by logging via Facebook and tell me what you think!
This recipe goes wonderfully with my crowd-pleaser, Mexican Lasagne
1. Chop and slice your selected vegetables and place in a large bowl with a glug of olive oil and seasoning.
2. For the refreshing cumin and lime dressing, combine all the ingredients in a jar, shake well and drizzle over your bean salad.
3. Leave in the fridge overnight or enjoy straight away. The longer you leave it in the fridge the greater the flavour it creates. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge and is perfect for a working lunch.