- 4 Breaded Chicken Breast
- 2 packs Mircowave Rice
- 100g of the curry StockClick for the stock link
- [Optional] Click for recipes Pink Onionsor buy pickled onions
Quick Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe
This quick crispy chicken katsu curry is a take on my original recipe & vegan jackfruit curry recipe which was the number one seller last season!
This was a sellout most night in the Biffen’s Kitchen food van and now I am here to share my recipe with you so you can create the dish all year round!
Now, you have 2 options:
- For the quick 30-minute curry recipe, scroll below!
- If you have more time and want the authentic recipe, this is the one for you, this one is my favourite!
Pre-order to make your recipe super quick and easy!
- Katsu curry sauce – You can pick this up in most supermarkets
- Mandoline Slicer for the red cabbage slaw
Top 3 Katsu Curry Facts
- Curry originates in Indian cuisine and was brought to Japan by the British Empire in 1870’s.
- It is commonly served in three main forms: curry rice, curry noodles, and curry-filled pastry.
- The basic vegetables for the curry sauce are onions, carrots, and potatoes.
Ready to get cooking?!
Read The Instructions!
I mean, it's hard to mess this one up...
Bang in the breaded chicken in the oven as follows on the back of the packaging. I would say 200c at 25-30 minutes.
5 minutes before the chicken is ready, add the Katsu Curry Sauce stock cubes in a saucepan. You want the to be sauce thick, so start off with adding 100ml of boiling water and then add more if needed. Once ready, leave on a very low heat.
Cook the rice as instructed on the pack, microwave or in a saucepan.
Place the rice on the plate, then the sauce, placing the chicken on top of the sauce with the optional side salad and pickled onions. Enjoy!