Recipe Box SimplyCookClick and view the Trail Box
300g [Basmatic] RiceYou can cheat with mircowave rice
1/2 large [thinly sliced] White CabbageThe thinner the better
2 [thinly sliced] OnionsShallots would be even better!
2 [grated] Carrot
3 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 [topping] Limewedges or drizzle over
4/6 Thigh pieces of Chicken
What is A Nasi Goreng?
Nasi goreng means “fried rice” in Indonesian. This was my staple diet in Bali and I wanted to show you how to make it easily at home with SimplyCook spices and marinades.
Please, note I am not stating this is an authentic way of making it, but rather an adapted version so you can make it back home without a shopping list as long as your arm.
This is why I have teamed up with SimplyCook who deliver the homemade marinades and spice to your door.
Top 3 Dishes You Must Try In Bali
- Mie Goreng – Similar to Nasi Goreng, but fried noodles instead of rice.
- Babi Guling – Suckling pig. The pork is rubbed with local spices and then roasted on a spit over coconut husks until tender.
- Sate Chicken – Chicken is blended with a collection of spices, merged onto a stick of lemongrass and barbequed…A personal favourite
Right, are you ready to try something new today?! Claim your 50% off Trail Box below and let’s get cooking!Bookmark Me
1. Bring a medium pan, 2/3 filled with water to the boil over high heat. When bubbling, add the rice, turn it down to medium and leave to cook (uncovered) for 10 mins. It should be a little hard when you try it. Drain in a sieve and run cold water through to cool it down, then keep it aside to dry out a bit.
2. For the pickle, combine the white wine vinegar, sugar and the SimplyCook Chilli Pickle Mix into a mixing bowl and stir well. Add the cabbage and carrot, toss them in the liquid to coat and keep aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wide, non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the onions for 3 mins or until just brown and slightly crisp, then remove and put aside on some kitchen paper to continue to crisp up. Add the chicken to the pan and let them cook for 4 mins, flipping them over to colour both sides. Add the carrot and stir-fry for 1 min. Add the SimplyCook Nasi Goreng Paste and stir-fry for 2 mins.
4. Push the mixture to one side of the pan and crack the egg into the space. Let it set a little bit before stirring it thoroughly, breaking the yolk. Scramble it until it's almost done and then stir it through the chicken.
5. Add the rice into the pan and stir it well into the chicken mixture so it changes colour. Fry for 2 mins. Drizzle half of the Simplycook Ketjap Manis over the rice and stir through.
6. Serve the rice onto plates and drizzle the rest of the SimplyCook Ketjap Manis on top. Squeeze a lime over the rice (if using) and sprinkle the fried shallots over it. Toss the cabbage once more and lift the slices out of the pickling liquid and serve alongside the rice.
BIFF, BOSH, SIMPLY NOSH