400g diced [neck fillets] Lamb
1 Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
1 tin of Chickpeas
2 tsp Moroccan Spices
1 large [chopped] Onions
1 [zest and juiced] LemonSave a wedge of lemon for serving
15g [chopped] Parsley
[Optional] Pink OnionsIt only takes 7 minutes!
Moroccan Lamb Stew
Gather your friends and family to enjoy a stress-free comfort meal, my Moroccan lamb stew! Compliment this stew with warm pita bread for plunging into the delicious sauce and a super easy couscous.
This recipe idea from my travels to Morocco back in April 2018 from a local lady. I spent 12 days around the Taghazout area surf and discovering delicious local dishes.
The original recipe has been adapted so the shopping list isn’t as long as your arm but it still keeps the beautiful flavours of Morocco. I recommend buying a Moroccan Spice Blend to save time and money. However, if you want to know my secret blend, click here!
Are you ready for your first super easy Moroccan Lamb Stew only using 7 ingredients? Let’s do this!Bookmark Me
1. Add the Moroccan Spices and a glug of olive oil to the diced lamb and marinate overnight or at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Put a large casserole pan on a high heat with a glug of olive oil and add the lamb, seasoning, lemon juice and zest. Cook for 4 minutes and add the onions.
3. Chuck in the tomatoes and combine well. At this point, you want to reduce to a medium heat and place the lid on for 25 minutes.
4. Stir occasionally and 5 minutes towards the end, add the drained tinned chickpeas and half of the chopped parsley, saving the other half for the topping.
5. Take the stew off the heat and plate up with couscous or a salad and top of with the remaining parsley and a wedge of lemon. If you want to go the extra mile... Add some of my easy to make pink onions to the top to really impress your group.
BIFF, BOSH, STEWY NOSH!