- 2 Cod Fillet
- 70g Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp ParsleyDried or fresh, both work well.
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- Splash MilkUsed in the sweet potato mash
- 300g Sweet Potato
- 200g Kale
- 1 juiced and zest of LemonJuice and zest
Lemon and Parsley Crispy Cod
This simple Crispy cod recipe is a quick and tasty mid-week option.
Within 30 minutes you will be indulging in the delicate flavour of crispy cod and its perfect partner in crime, lemon and parsley.
This cod recipe go perfectly with any garden greens and sweet potato mash.
If you love a 30-minute meal, you should definitely check out my quick crispy beef noodles
Top 3 Cod Facts
- Cod is a good source of blood-thinning omega-3 fatty acids as well as an excellent source of vitamin B12, keeping your heart healthier so you can run, swim and cycle for long.
- Cod is a low-calorie source of protein.
- Fresh cod should have a mild scent and moist flesh, and appear freshly cut. Don’t purchase cod or any fish in that matter that has a strong, fishy odour.
1. Preheat the oven at 200c and boil a full kettle of water.
2. Combin the breadcrumbs, dried parsley, chopped garlic, lemon zest, seasoning, soft butter and lemon juice in a bowl. I use my finger to mix it thoroughly.
3. For the rustic sweet potato mash, simply chop the potato into small pieces with the skin on (the most nutrition in a potato is in the skin).
4. Pour the boiling water into a saucepan and cooked the sweet potato until soft. Use a lid to speed up the cooking making it more energy efficient too.
1. Place the cod fillet in an ovenproof dish and spread the buttered crumbs evenly onto the cod. Bake at 200C for 25 minutes until crispy and cooked.
2. 10 minutes before the fish is ready, move the fish to one side of the tray and add the kale and cook until crispy. If the tray isn't big enough, use a second tray for the kale.
3. Once the fish is cooked, drain the potatoes, season and roughly mash with a fork.
Sever the mash, kale and fish on a plate and enjoy!
BIFF, BASH, BOSH!