450g block of Halloumi Cheese
100ml of cooking Oil
2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
4 tbsp Yoghurt
1/2 juiced Lemon
Handfull of chopped Mint
Halloumi Fries Recipe
Drop the chips and try my easy and quick Halloumi Fries recipe!
These crispy and golden beauties were the 2nd biggest seller in the Biffen’s Kitchen Food Van
Okay, so this recipe will not win the Weight Watchers Awards but this is a real treat for when you have people round for dinner.
My advice, make sure there is at least 3/4 pieces per person. They are extremely moreish!
Crispy outside, chewy inside and a salty cheesy taste, with a refreshing and sweet topping.
Other topping ideas you can also do:
- Paprika and chilli flakes
- Honey, yoghurt and almond flakes
- Pinkled onions, garlic mayo and black sesame seeds.
Get creative and tag me in your pictures!
4 Easy Steps
1. Slice the halloumi block into sticks (1-2cm thick) and add to a bowl with the cornflour and black pepper.
2. Add the oil to a deep, heavy-based pan, so that it fills to a depth of about 2cm, and heat until sizzling. You can tell if it's hot enough by carefully dipping a piece of halloumi in.
3. Fry a few sticks (5/6) at a time for 1-2 mins or until golden and crispy all over. Transfer to a piece of kitchen paper and repeat with the remaining halloumi.
4. Add the lemon juice, black pepper and half the chopped mint to the yoghurt. Once all halloumi is crispy, drizzle the yoghurt over the top, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and mint.