- 2 tortilla Wraps
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 5 [sliced] Strawberries
- 1 [sliced] Banana
- 2 Eggsfree range
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Thick Greek Yoghurt
- Drizzle of Honey
Eggy Bread time!
This quick (10 mins) and easy eggy bread breakfast is a delicious twist on the classic PB&J from Jamie Oliver.
However, I put my own twist on it by using tortillas and it worked an absolute treat! I used fresh strawberries instead of jam and serve with a moreish honey and Greek yoghurt – seriously satisfying breakfast!
You can also add all sorts of extra ingredients to pimp up your eggy tortilla:
Shredded coconut, poppy seeds, nuts, tropical fruits, chocolate spread (no palm oil please!)… The possibilities are endless! Use this recipe (all recipes) as a guide and get creative in your kitchen with flavours you love.
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? Try my British classic, balsamic scrambled eggs
I would love to hear your thoughts from a quick review/comment.
Delicious twist on the classic PB&J
1. On a large plate, spread over the peanut butter on both sides of the tortilla wraps. Evenly add the sliced fruit and then sandwich firmly down with the second tortilla to secure it.
2. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl, add the cinnamon, then whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over the tortilla so that the egg stays on the plate.
3. In a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add a splash of oil and leave to heat up. Once hot, slide the eggy tortilla with the leftover egg and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden and crisp and turn to cook the other side.
4. Remove to a board and cut into triangles. Serve with the thick Greek yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and any seasonal fresh fruit you have in your fruit bowl. I added poppy seeds to my yoghurt for extra texture.
BIFF, BOSH, BREKKIE NOSH!