- 2 tins drained Chickpeas
- 3 chopped cloves GarlicGarlic powder will also work well - 1tsp
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesanadd 3tbsp for extra cheesiness!
Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas
My quick and crispy Parmesan Chickpeas are mind-blowingly tasty and moreish.
No fuss to make but a lot of fuss when they are all gone… make sure you go big with this cheeky snack.
Top 3 Chickpea Facts
- They are a great source of both soluble and dietary fibre, important for maintaining a healthy digestive system
- Did you know that ground chickpeas have been used as a coffee substitute since the 18th century and are still commonly used as a caffeine-free alternative today?! Widely available, the taste is said to be delicious – why not give it a go!
- Just one cup serving of chickpeas contains 14.5g of protein. Another great way for you to consume your daily protein intake.
Mix and Roast It
1. Preheat the oven at 200.
2. Combine all the ingredients and seasoning in a large bowl.
3. Add the mixture to a flat tray and roast for 20 minutes. Rotate the chickpeas halfway through the cooking to allow all sides to be crispy.
4. Once crispy and golden, add to a bowl and enjoy. I like to also add either parleys or spring onions as a topping.
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!
1. When you drain the chickpeas, dry off as much as you can with kitchen roll to help with extra crispness.
2. VEGANS - Did you know you can use the chickpea water to make Vegan Meringue Nests. Give it a Google.
3. Although best hot, it's also a great snack to take on hikes, road trips or days out in the city.