- 250g ApricotsUse dates as an alternative
- 125g Almonds
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 100g Dark [75%] Chocolate
- handful [crushed] PistachioUse any crushed nuts you like, make it your own
Chocolate Pistachio Energy Balls
I cannot take any credit here for these delicious little chocolate pistachio energy balls. The legendary cook and baker, my Grandma Wendy is sharing her recipe with me so you can enjoy it too.
When we visit the family in Shropshire, she will have these tasty treats waiting in the fridge for her 3 grandsons to raid it dry.
You can create these balls for a quick burst of energy 1 hour before any sport but I’d say they are more appreciated after indulging in a hearty homemade Chicken Pie with a coffee on the sofa putting the world to rights.
Store your balls in an airtight container and enjoy these treats for up to 2 weeks… That’s if they last that long.
Grandma’s Top 3 Tips:
- For more energy use half apricots/dates and you can also use dry figs if they are in season.
- Remember this – Nuts + Dried fruit + Powders + Natural Sweeteners + Toppings = you own energy balls.
- Nuts and seeds can be expensive when buying in small packs, so again, go to a wholesaler or look online for the best price. Store in an airtight jar and use for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I like to get mine from Holland and Barrett’s.
1. [Optional] Soak apricots in Armagnac or orange juice for 4hours to plump them up. If you are in a hurry, just put all ingredients in a blender and blitz!
2. Scoop out the mixture and roll into smooth balls. Melt chocolate in a basin over saucepan hot water, dip each ball in decorating with your nut choice. Pop in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour and they will be ready to enjoy!