- 250g Dates
- 125g Almonds
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Goji Berries
- 4 tbsp Mixed NutsPumpkin seeds, pistacio, sesame seeds, poppy seeds.
Chocolate and Goji Berry Raw Bars
Feeling tired? My chocolate and goji berry raw bars are so simple to make and provide you with natural energy you need.
This recipe will save you money and time on buying snacks throughout the week using nothing more than a food processor and 10 minutes of your time!
I use to make these a lot when I ran the Snowdonia Marathon.
These bars are very forgiving as you can choose to use your chosen nuts and seeds and your favourite dried fruits. With my simple method, you can make endless energy bars with a variety of flavours!
Top 3 Goji Berry Facts
- It’s a high-energy berry of a special Himalayan tree, it is one of the most nutritious powerful foods.
- Goji berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2,000 years!
- They’re easy to add to meals to boost energy levels and performance in many sports. They’ve also been used to fight depression and anxiety or other mood disorders.
1. In a food processor, add the dates, almonds, powder, honey, peanut butter and blitz!
2. Spread mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and top with goji berries and your mixed nuts choice. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. Cut into squares and eat on the move. These will last for 4 days in the fridge.
BIFF, BOSH, SUPERFOOD NOSH!
- Buy Medjool dates in bulk as they are one of the main ingredients in raw energy bars. They are better than chopped or other dates as they provide a great sticking power!
- Nuts and seeds can be expensive when buying in small packs, so again, go to a wholesaler or look online for the best price. Store in an airtight jar and they can then be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks!
- Remember this - Nuts + Dried fruit + Powders + Natural Sweeteners + Toppings = your energy bars! Get creative.