100g Frozen Forest Berries
100g Cooked Beetroot
1 juiced LimeJuiced
Topping - Cubes of MangoSmall Cubes
Topping - handful of Raspberries
Topping - 1 tbsp Thick Greek YoghurtDollop in the middle
Topping - 1 tsp of Oats
Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
Packed full of essential vitamins and minerals to kick start your morning and tastes great too. This Breakfast Smoothie Bowl is perfect for those summer mornings where you need a quick and tasty breakfast.
You can make it in bulk and freeze individual packs so you can simply take one out the night before.
Sack off the boring cereal as this means you can enjoy it during a working week without losing time in the morning.
Top 3 Beetroot Facts
- Beetroot juice is also known to improve explosive power and activate fast-twitch muscle fibres.
- Historically it was used medicinally for a range of illnesses, including fevers, constipation and skin problems.
- Beetroot is rich in nitrates. Scientists believe our body converts nitrates into nitric oxide, a chemical thought to lower blood pressure.
1. In a food processor add the chopped banana, frozen berries, cooked beetroot, spinach, lime juice and half the milk. Wizz it up until creamy and thick. Add more milk if needed.
2. Slide it into your bowl and add your toppings of choice.
TIP - For that yoghurt start effect, simply place a dollop in the middle and using the thin edge of the spoon, spread it outwards. Simple!
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!