50ml waterany liquid alternative works
1/2 sliced Banana
1 tbsp crushed mixed [optional] Mixed Nuts
1 tsp Coconut OilClick to buy a jar
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Peanut ButterClick to buy online
1/2 sliced Banana
Breakfast Oatmeal Fritters
Turn those overnight oats into warm and delicious breakfast oatmeal fritters in less than 10 minutes.
My cousin Harriet, sent me a recipe for savoury vegan fritters for when I next see her.
However, I decided these would make tasty sweet oatmeal patties in the morning.
I prefer to cook my fritters in coconut oil as it creates a clean and sweet taste.
Butter is also a tasty alternative, although I recommend trying it with coconut oil first and seeing which one you prefer.
Breakfast fritters are a blank canvas that can be topped with a variety of different flavours to your liking, here are my favourites.
Top 5 Breakfast Fritter Toppings
- Chocolate oatmeal fritters with banana and peanut butter
- Simple oatmeal fritters with thick Greek yoghurt, honey and almonds
- Coriander oatmeal fritters with spicy smashed avocado
- Easy oatmeal fritters with bacon and maple syrup
- Cinnamon oatmeal fritters with caramelised pear and walnuts
Leave a comment on your favourite flavour.
1. Mush the first half of the banana in a bowl using a fork and then add the oats, water and combine well. The consistency should be stodgy and hold its shape well, if not, add more oats. You can also add chia seeds, crushed nuts, flax seeds, cocoa or honey in now.
2. Add the coconut oil or butter in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, wait until hot and then add your mixture creating 3/4 oat fritters.
4. Cook 2/3 minutes eat side or until crispy & golden brown. Plate up, wack on your topping of choice and dig in.
BIFF, BOSH, BREKKIE NOSH!