- 75g Oats
- Handful Blueberries
- 2 tsp Peanut Butter
- 150ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp [optional] Honey
Sweet Blueberry and Salty Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Mornings don’t get much simpler and tastier than my sweet blueberry and salty peanut butter overnight oats.
This recipe uses old-fashioned thick oats, crunchy or smooth peanut butter, chia seeds, honey (optional), yoghurt and blueberries.
Whole grain oats are a complex carbohydrate with nutritional benefits. Oats breakdown to become energy that’s slowly absorbed by your body and that means it’s energy that will last.
This is why you use thick oats over that powder stuff… It takes longer to digest, keeping you fuller for longer (so that’s less of the 10 am snacks!).
There are endless flavours when it comes to overnight oats, so get creative or if you need some more inspiration, leave a comment and I will get back to you with a personalised recipe.
Here is how I make my blueberry and salty peanut butter overnight oats.
Top 3 Blueberry Facts
- Peak blueberry season in most of the UK runs from mid-June to mid-August.
- Blueberries freeze in just 4 minutes.
- Blueberries have high levels of antioxidants, such as anthocyanins – the compounds that colour blueberries blue.
Have you tried my breakfast oatmeal fritters?
1. Get an airtight jar and add milk, 1 tsp peanut butter and shake until the peanut butter is mixed in with the milk. This will save you getting mouth fulls of peanut butter on its own ... However, I am sure we are all guilty of just eating it out the jar.
2. Then add the oats and blueberries to the jar and shake it again until it is a somewhat loose consistency, then pop in the fridge.
3. In the morning add the yoghurt, 1 tsp peanut butter, honey and chia seeds to the top
BIFF, BOSH, MORNING NOSH!