2 tbsp Blackberries
1/2 [diced] Apples
50g OatsThicker the better!
150ml Milkor vegan alternative
1 tbsp MuesliMuesli with nuts in for extra crunch
1 tbsp Yoghurtor vegan alternative
1 tsp Honeyor vegan alternative
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Overnight Oats
Get out the house and pick your free juicy berries to make a delicious breakfast; my blackberry and apple crumble overnight oats.
Kick start your day with this super simple, hearty and healthy breakfast. Perfect if you are a busy morning person and in need of a slow releasing energy throughout the day.
Overnight oats are high in complex carbs, meaning it helps keep your body fueled for an extended period of time.
They can help you lose weight by keeping you fuller for longer and it’s a planned breakfast! What do I mean by that? Well, one study showed that those who plan their meals (overnight oats are made the night before) can lose up to four times as much weight than those who didn’t have the ready-to-eat food.
If you love this recipe, you should try my Sweet Blueberry and Salty Peanut Butter Overnight Oats to add variety to your mornings.
Leave a review or comment below on what you think. Enjoy!
Top 3 Blackberry Facts
- In the UK, the best time to head out and pick from your local bush is August to mid-October (the first frost).
- Look out for the best of the bunch. A glossy black swollen appearance indicates a ripe berry; if insects have been at the fruit it will tend to appear deflated and the white centre will be red.
- Blackberries can help to promote the healthy tightening of tissue, which is a great procedure to make skin look younger.
1. Put the oats, blackberries and milk into a jar and crush a few of the blackberries to create the purple colour in the oats. Then add the apple, stir, put the lid on and chill in the fridge overnight.
2. In the morning, top with muesli (extra nuts if desired), yoghurt and drizzle the honey over the top. Add extra blackberries for a beautiful looking breakfast!
BIFF, BOSH, BREAKIE NOSH