1kg [scored] Beef BrisketWithout the bone.
1 large [sliced] Red Onion
2 [sliced] PeppersMix up the colours!
400g [drained] Chickpeas1 tin
4 cloves [sliced] Garlic
800g [2 tins] Tinned Chopped Tomatoes2 tins
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cumin
2 [chopped] Red ChilliDeseed
300ml of dark Coffee
crumbled Feta CheeseTopping
handful [chopped] Corianderuse the stalks in the chilli.
Beef Brisket Chilli
STOP AND CHECK OUT my beef brisket chilli! Chunky pieces of tender beef pulled apart and infused in a simple Mexican marinade inspired by Jamie Oliver chilli con carne and my love of coffee!
I love a slow cooker chilli con carne. If you have a slow cooker, brilliant! If not, don’t sweat it, you will just need to cook your chilli in the oven with a lid for 4 hours on 180 c. This is the perfect one-pot dinner that will impress your friends at a low cost! This is the slow cooker my family have used for the last 10 years and it’s still going strong! I highly recommend it for your first and only slow cooker.
What is Beef Brisket?
The brisket piece is a cheap cut from a cow that runs from the bottom of the neck down under the ribs. It requires slow cooking due to the amount of connective tissue in the muscle. Cows don’t have collarbones so this muscle must carry up to 60% of the weight of the cow!
In the UK its normally braised or stewed in a broth with root vegetables and in the USA they love to barbeque it with a local rub. Here is my Jack Daniel’s Slow Cooked Beef Brisket I know you will also love!
I would love it if you could leave a quick review on what you think of the recipe on this page.
Top 3 Beef Brisket Facts
- Brisket is a cheap cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef.
- When you ask a butcher for beef brisket, get the ‘deckle’ part. Marbled with fat and falls apart deliciously when you cook it!
- May 28 is National Brisket Day, put it in the diary!
Leave a review below on what you think about this awesome recipe.Bookmark Me
1. Turn on your slow cooker to high and prepare all your vegetables. Then score your beef brisket and add to a hot frying pan, cooking for 2 minutes each side. If the bone is available, keep it and add to your slow cooker for extra flavour. If you don't have a slow cooker, I would recommend the one above as you can use it on a gas hob (saving you washing up and keeping all the flavours)
2. Then add the beef and all the juices from the pan into the slow cooker followed by the marinade, tinned tomatoes, black coffee and vegetables (use the stalks from the coriander). Cover with the lid on a low level and head off to work (8hrs) or a high heat for 4-5 hours. In an oven, cook your chilli with a lid for 4 hours on 180 c.
TIP: Not all slow cookers and hobs give off the same heat. If after 4 hours and the beef isn't pulling apart into beautiful chunks, turn up the heat until it does.
3. The beef will be ready when you can pull it apart with forks. Beautiful! Serve with white fluffy, crumble your feta cheese, sliced avocado, chopped coriander and sliced red chilli pieces.
Serve up and enjoy with a cold beer!
BIFF, BOSH, CHILLI NOSH!