Overnight Oat Mixture
- 80g Oats
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground Mixed Spiceor use ground cinnamon
- 0.5 large ripe Bananasave the other half for toppings
- 0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 100ml wateror any milk type option
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrupor use brown sugar
- 0.5 large ripe Banana
- 5-8 whole Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- Drizzle of Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon [optional] Chia Seeds
Banana Bread Overnight Oats Recipe
Fancy knocking up this banana bread overnight oats?
It’s incredibly comforting, and effortless to make with only 7 wholesome ingredients in 7 minutes.
If you want it hot, simply turn it into banana bread porridge by heating up your overnight oats in the morning in a saucepan with extra liquid as the oats will have absorbed all the milk/water overnight.
Overnight oats are a low-cost breakfast option and the flavours to pick from are endless!
I also recommend making 2/3 days worth of soaked oats in the fridge so you can eat in a bowl at home or on the move in the airtight jar.
Old fashioned oat or jumbo oats are always my top suggestion as they will keep you fuller for longer because they take longer to digest compared to the instant oats.
But, it’s down to what textures you enjoy in the morning so try a variety of oat types and find the one that suits your needs
3 Interesting Banana Facts
- Banana peel contains an anti-inflammatory agent, so next time you have a mosquito bite, use the inside of a banana skin on the bite.
- Bananas are loaded with potassium, which helps regulate heart function and blood pressure.
- To prevent your banans from overripening, store them in the fridge.
The Night Before
1. Add to your jar or bowl, 0.5 large ripe banana (keep the other half for the morning or add it all in for more banana flavour) and mash it with a fork until it looks like baby food. The add the 200ml water (or a milk/alternative), 0.5 teaspoons of mix spice (or just cinnamon), 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (or any sugar-based syrup) and mix up with the fork.
2. Then add oats, combine well and ensure all the oats are submerged in the liquid. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
In The Morning
1. Slice the remaining banana and place on top of the oats, followed by the walnuts, tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Tuck in and enjoy!
BIFF, BOSH, LOCKDOWN NOSH!