2 tsp Miso Paste
1 inch [sliced] GingerUse a teaspoon to peel it!
2 [Juice and Zest] Lime
4 tsp Soy SauceFish sauce replacement
1 [sliced] Red Chilli
1/2 [chunks] AubergineI used baby aubergines
2 tsp vegan Honey
4 [sliced] Mushrooms
2 [chopped] Garlic
handful Corianderchop the stalk for the broth and keep the leaves for topping.
1 [sliced] Cooked Beetroot
2 [sliced] Spring Onion
600ml Vegetable StockGood quality
Healthy Veggie Ramen
My healthy veggie ramen is your answers to a quick, fresh and delicious 30-minute meal.
But what is it? Well, it’s a Japanese soup that consists of noodles served in a meat, fish or vegetable-based broth. Often flavoured with soy sauce, rice vinegar and miso paste, and uses a variety of toppings such as spring onions, pak choi, mushrooms, aubergine… it can literally be anything!
In my recipe, I use beetroot to give the broth a rich colour and they are high in natural energy! Thanks to Oddbox for supplying me with your wonky aubergines to use for this recipe #zerofoodwaste
Tip: Buy good quality stock if you are not making your own.
Top 3 Aubergine Facts
- It’s a fruit, not a vegetable: Well, it’s a berry, just like blueberries, watermelon, or tomatoes, basically any veggies that contain seeds.
- Other names: Aubergine 🇬🇧, Brinjal 🇮🇳, Berenjena 🇪🇸, Eggplant 🇺🇸, Patlican 🇹🇷, Melanzana 🇮🇹.
- Storage: Aubergines are best stored in a cool place, outside the fridge.
Looking for more aubergine recipes? Try my Sweet ‘n’ Sticky Miso and Honey Roasted AubergineBookmark Me
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
2. On a medium heat in a saucepan, add sesame oil and cook garlic, half the chilli, lime zest and ginger for 4 minutes or until cooked. Add the miso paste, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, coriander stalks, beetroot, chilli, and 600ml stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Ramen, done!
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and aubergines to a non-stick flat oven tray and roast for 15 minutes. The mushrooms will shrivel up, that's the idea so don't worry. [Optional] After 15 minutes drizzle honey (vegans: agave nectar) over the aubergine and season well. Roast for another 5 minutes until caramelised.
4. Add the noodles to the ramen and cook until instructed on the pack.
5. Divide the broth between the bowls with the noodles, sliced spring onions, coriander, sliced red chilli and top with the mushrooms and aubergines.
BIFF, BOSH, QUICKIE NOSH!