Super Simple Sweet Potato Feta Salad
£0.95 per portion
- 2 kg [Cut into flat strips]Sweet Potato
- 120 g [Crumbled]Feta Cheese
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 large [Chopped]Spring Onion
- 1 [finely chopped]Red Chilli
- 6 tbspWhite Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp [extra virgin]Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp [clear]Honey
- Calories: 340 kcal
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbs: 55 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sugar: 12 g
- Salt: 0.5 g
1. On a medium heat, add a glug of olive oil and lay the sliced sweet potato pieces on your griddle pan with a pinch of seasoning. Cook until soft (the thinner the slices, the quicker they will cook). Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients + seasoning. Pile the potato (hot or cold) onto a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing. Crumble over the feta and finish with more crushed black pepper.
BIFF, BOSH, SUMMER NOSH.
Sweet Potato Feta Salad
Veggie work lunch inspiration
Scrap the mayonnaise-heavy potato salad for my sweet potato feta salad.
It’s quick and healthy, only containing sweet potato, spring onion, feta with a refreshing and light dressing.
This recipe was so popular, it made a feature on Oddbox’s recipe page! For other sweet potato recipes, click here.
Top Tip: Get a good knife sharper as it will make your life so much easier and quicker in the kitchen.
This is the Electric Sharpener I use and it’s still going strong after 3 years, I couldn’t recommend it enough.
This is ideal for work lunches and suitable for vegetarians and vegans (just don’t add the cheese and use syrup instead of honey).
Top 3 sweet potato tips
- Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard centre and off-like taste. Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well-ventilated container.
- They are a rich source of fibre as well as iron, calcium, B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colours, such as white, red, pink, violet, yellow, and purple.
Leave a comment below as I would love to hear what you think of my recipe.
This is a super easy, crispy chorizo, spicy tomato and chickpea baked eggs. You can make this easily in bulk and store in the freezer to save time in the future.
Breakfast is served! Enjoy my Chocolate & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe and whip this delicious bowl of goodness in no time! Leave a comment.