Chickpea and Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato
£0.94 per portion.
TIP - Roll the avocado on a hard surface to soften it up.
- 4 horizontally halvedSweet Potato
- 400 gChickpeas
- 1 tspPaprika
- 2 ripeAvocado
- 1 juicedLime
- 1 slicedRed Chilli
- 1 finely choppedRed Onion
- 50 g of crumbledFeta Cheese
- To tasteSeasoning
- Good glugOlive Oil
- Calories: 650 kcal
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbs: 75 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Salt: 0.3 g
Biff's Top Tips
1. Stop your avocado from going brown by adding lime juice as it is a strong antioxidant that will dramatically slow the browning process and cover the bowl in tin foil when putting it in the fridge.
2. Poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork to help it cook quicker.
- 1Prep It
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. Poke holes in each half of the sweet potato with a fork (helps it cook quicker) adding olive oil and seasoning. Then add to a large flat tray and bang in the oven straight away (45 minutes).
3. Drain the chickpeas, add to a flat tray, adding seasoning, paprika and combine well. (20 minutes)
4. In a bowl, smash the avocado with a fork with a generous pinch of seasoning, lime juice, half of the finely chopped onion and half of the chilli.
- 2Cook It
1. Check on the sweet potato by putting a sharp knife in each one. You are looking for a soft feel.
2. With 20 minutes to go, add the chickpeas to the oven and cook until well roasted.
3. Remove the sweet potato once cooked and using a fork, smash up the inside for the topping to sit nicely on.
4. Add the roasted chickpeas on each potato half, followed by the smashed avocado, onion, chilli, crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!
Stuffed Sweet Potato – the perfect lunchtime idea.
With Roasted Paprika Chickpeas And Zingy Smashed Avocado
This Stuffed Sweet Potato is super simple to make, delicious to eat and goes great with my BBQ chicken!
Give it a try and let me know what you think with a like and comment.
Love sweet potatoes? Check out my other recipes here.
Top 3 Sweet Potato Facts
- Unlike regular potatoes, sweet potatoes count as one of your five-a-day… WHOOP!
- They’re naturally sweet-tasting and they won’t disrupt your blood sugar levels.
- Never peel a sweet potato as they are a good source of fibre when eaten with the skin on… plus you save time and effort!
This is a super easy, crispy chorizo, spicy tomato and chickpea baked eggs. You can make this easily in bulk and store in the freezer to save time in the future.
Breakfast is served! Enjoy my Chocolate & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe and whip this delicious bowl of goodness in no time! Leave a comment.