Easy Stuffed Mushroom Wellington
£1.15 per portion for 6
- 4 Large PortobelloMushrooms
- 3 [chopped] clovesGarlic
- 1 large [finely chopping]Onions
- 2 sheets of pre-rolled shortcrustPastry
- (Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry Ready Rolled Sheet)
- 2x 170 g of PaxStuffing
- Handful of [kale]Spring Greens
- (Alternatives: spinach, cabbage, rocket, kale etc...)
200°c Cooking Temperature.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C and on a medium heat add a glug of oil, garlic, seasoning, and onions in a large frying pan and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Remove contents from the frying pan into a small bowl and sizzle the portobello mushrooms for 4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through in the same pan. Add more oil if needed.
3. Now, you can easily make your own stuffing or grab 2 boxes of Paxo stuffing mix and following the instructions on the back. This will take 5 minutes.
4. Roll out your shortcrust pastry keeping the baking paper underneath on an oven tray and lay half of your stuffing mix on the pasty with a 2cm gap from the edge.
5. Place the mushrooms on top followed by the garlic and onions mix and your fresh spring greens.
6. Add the rest of the stuffing over the mushrooms so it is completely covered. Brush oil over the edges of the base pastry sheet. Carefully place the 2nd pastry sheet over the top trying not to trap any air, then press the edges together with a fork.
7. Trim the edges with a knife if you want a tidy appearance, then brush again generously with oil. Bake for 40 mins until golden, then leave to cool for a few mins before serving.
BIFF, BOSH, VEGAN NOSH!
Stuffed Mushroom Wellington
Delicious veggie roast dinner option
My vegan-friendly stuffed mushroom wellington will have everyone around the dinner table wanting a slice!
Trust me, it happened with my family and they loved it.
This is a super cheap way to enjoy a roast dinner without the costly meat joint.
Now, I love a roast beef, lamb, chicken on a Sunday but this was a delicious change for a fraction of the price.
Top tip: take your pastry out from the fridge 30 minutes before you start your preparation and use two 170g boxes of Paxo stuffing mix sage & onion.
I normally encourage making your own stuffing but I know not everyone has a food processor and this recipe is all about ease and speed with great taste… but if you want one, this is the one I have at home which is great value for money.
Try this tasty vegetarian mushroom wellington; bosh it out in 50 minutes.
Don’t knock it until you have tried it.
Top 3 Mushroom Facts
- Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, which help to provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- They help to strengthen the immune system to help stop you from getting ill.
- Mushrooms are hearty and filling, which can help with weight management. Bulk up your dishes with mushrooms and other vegetables rather than more fats, carbs and protein.
If you love mushrooms, have you seen my Stuffed Mushroom Recipe?