20 Minute Moroccan Cauliflower Roasted Salad
£1.95 whole salad price
- 1 large wholeCauliflower
- 1 tspCumin
- Dried flakes ofChilli
- 1/2 [thinly sliced]Red Cabbage
- 4 tbspYoghurt
- Handful of fresh [finely chopped]Mint
- 1 [juiced/zest]Lime
- Calories: 305 kcal
- Protein: 6 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Salt: 0.5 g
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200c and prepare your cauliflower by pulling off the leaves, remove the heads as you would usually and then slice the stalk into thin slices on a flat oven tray. The only piece I throw away is the bottom of the stem.
2. Then, drizzle olive oil and seasoning over all parts of the cauliflower and mix well. Just over the heads, add the lime zest, cumin and chilli flakes. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until soft with a slight crunch.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, slice the red cabbage into strips and place in a bowl with the lime juice, glug of oil and seasoning. Chop the mint and add to the yoghurt to make your minty yoghurt, simples!
4. Place the cooked cauliflower pieces on a plate and add the red cabbage in the middle with a tablespoon of minty yoghurt.
BIFF, BOSH, ZERO WASTE NOSH!
Moroccan Cauliflower Roasted Salad
With chilli flakes, cumin and lime zest
The Moroccan cauliflower roasted salad takes 20 minutes, offers zero food waste (leaves, stalk and heads) and a low-cost veggie dish.
Why waste the stalk and the leaves when they make a tasty part of a salad. The leaves remind me of kale, offering a crunchy and sweet leaf when roasted.
I came up with this idea in April when I was preparing the cauliflower heads and thoughts to myself “Wow, this seems like a lot of waste (stalk and leaves)… I wonder if you can roast them too?”
So, I experimented with roasting them, and I was over the moon with the outcome. Zero waste, more food, low cost. Thanks to Oddbox for supplying me with your wonky cauliflower to use for this recipe #zerofoodwaste
It’s perfect for a summer BBQ recipe or vegetarian dinner centrepiece.
Give it a try this weekend!
This is a super easy, crispy chorizo, spicy tomato and chickpea baked eggs. You can make this easily in bulk and store in the freezer to save time in the future.
Breakfast is served! Enjoy my Chocolate & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe and whip this delicious bowl of goodness in no time! Leave a comment.