Mac and Cheese, Easy Bake!
£1.15 per portion
- 400 g shortPasta
- 50 gButter
- 50 gFlour
- 500 mlMilk
- 2 small [diced]Onions
- 1 [minced]Garlic
- 100 g [strips]Mozarella
- 200 g mature cheddarCheese
- 1 tspWholegrain Mustard
- 200 g [chopped]Bacon
- 2 tbspBreadcrumbs
The killer macaroni cheese!
200°C oven temperature.
1. Pop a full kettle on and once boiled, add to a saucepan on a high heat along with the pasta and stir well. You will want to cook this for 3 minutes less than the pack says so it has a firm bite but NOT crunchy.
2. Add a splash of oil on a medium heat in a second saucepan followed by the chopped onions and cook for 4 minutes. If you have any chorizo or bacon, you can add this in now. Then add in the chopped garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. While the onions are cooking, now is a good time to turn on the grill. If you don't have a grill, turn your oven on at 200c.
4. In the same saucepan with the onion mixture, add the butter and wait until it melts. Then add the flour and combine well. Once combined, add a quarter of the milk in and whisk continuously. Once all the milk is in and you have a lump-free sauce, simmer for 5 mins, whisking all the time until thickened.
5. Once the pasta is al dente, drain but do NOT wash the pasta and combine with the sauce, half the grated mature cheddar, mustard and season to taste. Now is the time to try it!
6. Pour half the mixture in your pots or large square tray and pack well. Top with half of the mozzarella and repeat with the second batch. Then top with grated cheese, breadcrumbs and black pepper. If you have any cajun or peri-peri seasoning, now is the time to sprinkle on top!
7. Place under the grill (7-10 minutes) or in the oven at 200c (15 minutes) until golden brown
Serve up with a garden salad, and IF you have any leftovers, you can freeze for next time.
BIFF, BOSH, SIMPLE NOSH!
Easy baked mac and cheese
If you are looking for a delicious, simple and quick mac and cheese recipe, you have come to the right place!
This creamy recipe will only take you 30 minutes to make with under 10 key ingredients.
Don’t worry if you don’t have macaroni pasta, any short pasta will do the job.
Treat yourself to 4 of these mini cast iron pots to server your killer mac n cheese!
If you love this recipe, you will also enjoy my Austrian ski food favourite dish, Kasespatzle; the macaroni & cheese of Austria. Take a look and give it a try.
4 ways to pimp up your Macaroni Cheese
- Give it a wow factor – use any meat or veggie-based leftovers as a topping. e.g. I use leftover Jackfruit from my Banh mi recipe
- Give it a crunch! – use stale bread, polenta, crips or cereal on top of your killer macaroni cheese.
- Give it a creamy texture – try a baked mac n cheese recipe with cream cheese will increase the calories but it will also increase the creaminess and really wow your friends.
- Give it a regional taste – add pre-mixed spices to your macaroni cheese such as the taste of India or Moroccan infusion
This Tempeh Rendang Curry is just bursting with veggie flavour. This dish was inspired from my trip in 2015 to Indonesia and my love for...
Sunday roasts don't get better than this! Grandma Wendy's easy homemade chicken pie with filo pastry and pulled chicken pieces.