£2.95 per portion.
I use iceberg lettuce for this salad.
- 4Chicken Breast
- 200 gHalloumi Cheese
- 2 ripeAvocado
- 400 gSalad
- 2 zest and juice ofLime
- 20 halvedCherry Tomatoes
- 1Red Onion
- 4 tbspOlive Oil
- Calories: 503 kcal
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbs: 19 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Salt: 2.5 g
- 1Griddle It
1. Heat your griddle pan on a medium heat with a splash of olive oil.
2. Flatten the chicken breast to speed up the cooking time. Insert each beast in between a piece of baking paper and SLAP with your hand or a rolling pin until about 2cm thick all over.
3. Grate the zest of both limes and add to the chicken breasts with seasoning. Add the lime juice to a small jar or mug for the dressing later on.
4. Now the griddle is hot, add the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden and cooked.
- 2Prep It
1. While the chicken is cooking, slice the avocado, halloumi, onion in small pieces, halving the cherry tomatoes and washing the salad.
2. Now make your simply delicious lime dressing. Add 4 tbsp olive oil and seasoning to the lime juice from earlier.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and add the halloumi to the griddle pan for 1 minute each side. Slice the chicken into strips.
4. On each plate, evenly distribute the salad, cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado, chicken and the dressing. Top off with hot and crispy halloumi and enjoy!
BIFF, BOSH, NOSH!
Lime Chicken and Avocado Salad
This lime chicken and avocado salad with griddled halloumi is a simple salad that is quick to make and super delicious to eat.
It’s the perfect summer vibe salad as a lunch or BBQ side.
Make sure you have baking paper or cling film to flatten the chicken breasts in the method.
Top 3 Lime Facts
- High in potassium, which is important for maintaining nerve function and healthy blood pressure levels.
- Limes are often sour or bitter in flavour, although some varieties are sweet!
- Limes go perfectly with Gin and Tonics…Doubles of course!