Hot Cross Bun French Toast – In 10 minutes
£0.95 per portion
- 2 [sliced in half]Hot Cross Buns
- Knob ofButter
- 1 largeEggs
- 50 mlMilk
- 1Hot Cross Bun French Toast
1. Start off by heating a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
2. Whisk together the egg, milk and pinch of salt and then dunk each slice of the hot cross bun in egg mixture, pushing down to help soak both sides.
3. Add a knob of butter or coconut oil in the hot frying pan, wait until melted and then place the slices of hot cross buns, cooking for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
4. Add the crispy slices to your plate and cover with your choice of sweet or savoury toppings.
BIFF, BOSH, EASTER NOSH!
Hot Cross Bun French Toast
Don’t bin those stale or leftover buns, it’s time to make hot cross bun french toast!
This quick, delicious and simple breakfast recipe idea will keep the family happy on Easter morning.
It’s based on one of my favourite breakfast recipes, french toast – also known as eggy bread and what I love about this recipe is that there are plenty of topping choices to choose from.
My top 5 hot cross bun eggy bread toppings:
- Melted butter, pistachios & smashed blueberries.
- Honey, yoghurt and almonds.
- Orange and Crème Fraiche
- Melt your chocolate bunny and cover your buns with a seasonal rhubarb & apple compote.
- Bacon, avocado and egg?
I’ll let you decide what you fancy on top of your eggy bread hot cross buns.
If you want to see more ways to be creative with your buns, check out my 10 crazy ways to eat a hot cross bun article.
Also, just because Easter is over doesn’t mean you stop eating hot cross buns. Most supermarkets will continue to sell them for another few months and some will offer them all year round!