£0.85 per portion
- 1/2 large [2cm pieces]Butternut Squash
- 2 white [roughly chopped]Onions
- 75 ml (use Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce!)Chipotle
- 8 StreakyBacon
- 400 gChickpeas
- 3 tspPaprika
- 1 [sliced] greenChilli
- 100 ml singleCream
- (Keep a small amount for the topping)
- 1 pintChicken Stock
1. Preheat the oven at 200c. Then, on a medium heat in a large pan, add a glug of olive oil followed by the onions, 2 tsp of paprika, seasoning and the butternut squash pieces (add the chilli seeds for more heat). Combine well and cook for 5 minutes.
4. While you stir the vegetables, add the chicken stock. Lid on and leave on a medium heat for 25 minutes, or until soft.
3. While the veggies cooking, add the drained chickpeas, paprika and black pepper to a tray, followed by the bacon strips. Bang in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
5. Once soft, season well, add the chipotle sauce and blitz using a food processor or handstick. Add more water to meet your desired consistency.
6. Serve hot and garnish with chilli, 2 bacon strips, roasted chickpeas and a dash of single cream!
BIFF, BOSH, COWBOY NOSH!
Butternut squash, smoked chickpeas and bacon!
Bacon strips, roasted paprika chickpeas and a chipotle butternut squash soup. Round up your friends and server up a deliciously simple ‘n’ quick Cowboy Soup!
You’ll love serving this soup for a casual weeknight dinner or a work lunch to warm up those cold winter days.
Get your chuckwagon and feed the family with my other soup recipes such as my classic Perfect Pumpkin Soup recipe.
Top 3 Butternut Squash Facts
- The high levels of potassium found in butternut squash are able to help keep your blood pressure levels in check.
- Carrots are not the only vegetable to help you see in the dark, butternut squash is also high in Vitamin A.
- They belong to the Cucurbitaceae family of field pumpkins; probably originated in the Central American region back in the 1930’s.
This is a super easy, crispy chorizo, spicy tomato and chickpea baked eggs. You can make this easily in bulk and store in the freezer to save time in the future.
Combining my two loves over Easter, hot cross buns and slow cooked roast lamb. This simple and low ingredient recipe that will impress the friends.