Hot Cross Bun Burger With Beetroot and Feta
Makes 8 burgers.
- 100 g [chopped]Cooked Beetroot
- 50 g [crumbled]Feta Cheese
- 50 gCouscous
- 1 [finely chopped]Red Onion
- 1 largeEggs
- 2 tbspBreadcrumbs
- 1 [crushed]Garlic
- 4Hot Cross Buns
- 1 large [smashed]Avocado
- handful [chopped]Mint
- 1 [juice]Lemon
- 1/2 [finely chopped]Red Chilli
- 150 g [wilted]Spinach
- Calories: 456 kcal
- Protein: 6 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbs: 15 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Salt: 1 g
1. Add the couscous and boiling water to a bowl so it's just covering the top of the couscous, cover with a plate for 5 minutes. Then add the beetroot, onion, lemon zest, egg, breadcrumbs and garlic in a bowl and combine well.
2. The mixture should be thick and binds well. If not, add more breadcrumbs. Then make into burger shapes.
3. Heat a splash of oil in large non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat and cook for 10 minutes each side or until firm. Add the spinach at the end and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring.
4. Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice, avocado, seasoning, chilli and feta and smash with a fork leaving lumps of avocado for texture. Toast your hot cross buns just before the burgers are ready.
5. Add your beetroot burger, cooked spinach, smashed avocado, extra feta and seasoning and enjoy!
BIFF, BOSH, VEGGIE NOSH!
Beetroot and Feta Hot Cross Bun Burger
You can have a brioche burger bun so why can’t you have a hot cross bun burger?
Easter is here and I want to share with you my super simple and quick veggie beetroot and feta hot cross bun recipe.
All part of my latest popular post, 10 Crazy Ways To Eat Hot Cross Buns
If you love beetroot, you should try for lunch my ginger and beetroot chicken salad
Top 3 Beetroot Facts
- Beetroot juice can improve explosive power and activate fast-twitch muscle fibres.
- Historically it was used medicinally for a range of illnesses, including fevers, constipation and skin problems.
- Beetroot is rich in nitrates. Scientists believe our body converts nitrates into nitric oxide, a chemical thought to lower blood pressure.
This is a super easy, crispy chorizo, spicy tomato and chickpea baked eggs. You can make this easily in bulk and store in the freezer to save time in the future.
Breakfast is served! Enjoy my Chocolate & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe and whip this delicious bowl of goodness in no time! Leave a comment.