Beef Brisket Chilli Con Carne Recipe
£3.50 per portion. Cooking temperature 180°C
- 1 1kg [scored]Beef Brisket
- Without the bone.
- 1 large [sliced]Red Onion
- 2 [sliced]Peppers
- Mix up the colours!
- 400 g [drained]Chickpeas
- 4 cloves [sliced]Garlic
- 800 g [2 tins]Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tspSmoked Paprika
- 1 tspOregano
- 1/2 tspCinnamon
- 1 tspCumin
- 2 [chopped] DeseedRed Chilli
- 300 ml of darkCoffee
- crumbled use as toppingFeta Cheese
- handful [chopped]Coriander
- use the stalks in the chilli.
- Calories: 396 kcal
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbs: 38 g
- Protein: 45 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Salt: 1.4 g
- 1Beef Brisket Chilli
1. Turn on your slow cooker to high and prepare all your vegetables. Then score your beef brisket and add to a hot frying pan, cooking for 2 minutes each side. If the bone is available, keep it and add to your slow cooker for extra flavour. If you don't have a slow cooker, I would recommend the one above as you can use it on a gas hob (saving you washing up and keeping all the flavours) 2. Then add the beef and all the juices from the pan into the slow cooker followed by the marinade, tinned tomatoes, black coffee and vegetables (use the stalks from the coriander). Cover with the lid on a low level and head off to work (8hrs) or a high heat for 4-5 hours. In an oven, cook your chilli with a lid for 4 hours on 180 c. TIP: Not all slow cookers and hobs give off the same heat. If after 4 hours and the beef isn't pulling apart into beautiful chunks, turn up the heat until it does. 3. The beef will be ready when you can pull it apart with forks. Beautiful! Serve with white fluffy, crumble your feta cheese, sliced avocado, chopped coriander and sliced red chilli pieces. Serve up and enjoy with a cold beer! BIFF, BOSH, CHILLI NOSH!
Beef Brisket Chilli
As promised people, here is my pulled beef brisket chilli recipe I made you in Croyde 2020! For my Mexican night, I converted the standard minced meat chilli to a show stopper with chunky pieces of tender beef pulled apart and infused in a simple Mexican marinade inspired.
If you have a slow cooker, brilliant! If not, don’t sweat it, you will just need to cook your 1kg brisket in the oven with a lid for around 4-5 hours on 180 c. You will know when it’s done because you will be able to pull it apart with forks!
This is the perfect one-pot dinner that will impress your friends at a low cost (and impress yourself).
This is the slow cooker my family have used for the last 10 years and it’s still going strong! I highly recommend it for your first and only slow cooker.
What is Beef Brisket?
The brisket piece is a cheap cut from a cow that runs from the bottom of the neck down under the ribs. It requires slow cooking due to the amount of connective tissue in the muscle. Cows don’t have collarbones so this muscle must carry up to 60% of the weight of the cow!
In the UK it’s normally braised or stewed in a broth with root vegetables and in the USA they love to barbeque it with a local rub. Here is my Jack Daniel’s Slow Cooked Beef Brisket I know you will also love!
I would love it if you could leave a quick review on what you think of the recipe on this page.
Top 3 Beef Brisket Facts
- Brisket is a cheap cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of a cow.
- When you ask a butcher for beef brisket, get the ‘deckle’ part. Marbled with fat and falls apart deliciously when you cook it!
- May 28 is National Brisket Day, put it in the diary for delicious chunky pulled beef!
Leave a review below on what you think about this awesome recipe.